Don’t look at me like I am crazy. If you love sweet corn and vanilla and ice cream, then there is NO reason you would NOT love this iced cream. I had a 4 quart ice cream maker so if you have one of the two quart makers, just half the recipe.
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
4 cups of milk
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 ears of sweet corn
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 cups heavy cream
1. In a medium saucepan heat milk to scalding point on stove. Meanwhile whisk together eggs and sugar.
2. Temper milk mixture into eggs and sugar whisking constantly and making sure to go slowly as to not cook the eggs. Pour the entire combine mixture back into the saucepan. Whisk over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes so the mixture thickens into custard.
3. Place the custard in a container in an ice bath or in the fridge to completely cool before use.
4. Combine the maple syrup and kernels of sweet corn in a food processor and blend until the corn is chopped into little bits.
5. When the custard is cool add it to the ice cream maker with the corn and 2 cups of heavy cream and turn it on. Enjoy!